Updates on the DFARS/NIST 800-171 project:
- Steering Committee – we are not planning to have any additional regular meetings. If necessary, we will pull the group back together on an ad hoc basis. The project is not closing, but we feel that the remaining work is clearly scoped and can be done without too much oversight from the Steering Committee.
- Assessment/Compliance Sub Project – there is 1 lab level SSP’s that still needs to be signed. The team is continuing to work on getting it completed. From January – June this sub project will focus on any new research projects that come in, streamlining the assessment process, becoming more operational, and working with GTRC and OSP to automate as much as possible.
- Communication/Training Sub Project – we will be working to develop an online video course for any faculty/staff that work with CUI.
- Workflow Design Sub Project – we are scheduling a full day working session to finalize the research contract workflow.
- Central Compute Sub Project – this project has been closed as a part of DFARS/NIST 800-171. OIT is currently working on a larger VMWare/VRealize project and the requirements for the DFARS/NIST 800-171 compliant environment have been absorbed into that larger effort.
- Financial Model Sub Project – after further discussion and discovery, we have decided that it is not appropriate for this to live within the DFARS/NIST800-171 project. Discussions are already happening at the Institute level around this topic. We will be documenting our items and lessons learned to contribute the the higher level discussions.